So my boyfriend and I are trying to eat a little more healthy, starting with cutting down on the amount of red meat we eat. I bought some ground turkey at Whole Foods and started to research some recipe ideas. I found a lot of different meatloaf recipes and after a few attempts with boring, bland turkey meatloaf... I figured out how to make it a little more exciting with an italian twist! So here it is.
First, you will need:
- about a pound of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 medium/large onion
- 2 eggs (you can also use egg substitute if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed or chopped
- 1 pkg frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained well (you can use fresh if you choose, then you would probably use between 1/2 cup to a cup of it chopped
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 oz grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan. Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, eggs, worcestershire sauce and garlic. Place 1/2 mixture in loaf pan. Spread broccoli, 1/2 of mozzarella and parmigiano cheese over turkey mixture. Top with remaining turkey mixture and pat down evenly into a meat loaf shape and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Cover with tomato sauce and reserved cheeses and bake for an extra 15 minutes longer.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment